We received a year end update from our partners at Children’s Mercy Kansas City and wanted to share the details of all the great work that they are doing to improve the health outcomes of their patients, patient families and the broader community. In 2023, the Children’s Mercy Center for Family and Community Connections (CFCC) once again grew their community impact and brought increased service to their audience.
Here are a few stats and milestones from the past year:
- Over 4200 families served (121% increases – wow!)
- Over 10,000 families referred to community services
- Over 138,000 diapers provided to families
- Over 2000 individuals received transportation assistance
- The Kanbe’s Market initiative brought fresh produce to the families served
- Launched the Powering Families webinar series to empower families and caregivers with the knowledge needed to achieve the best outcomes for area children
- Grew the CFCC network of referral resources to broaden coverage to meet children’s needs
We’d like to wrap the update with a quote from their update to us. “Access to the right care at the right time is essential in supporting a child’s healthy growth and development. With [Clore’s] help, this unique social service center is addressing social determinants of health and removing barriers that impact a child’s access to care and quality of life.” We agree that this is essential work that is being done every day by the CFCC. We are honored to be a small part of helping them fulfill their mission.
We can’t wait to see what 2024 brings!